A completed application for the Sevilleta LTER Research Experience for Undergraduates Summer Program will consist of five items:
- A complete online application (see below).
- A resume.
- An unofficial copy of your academic transcript. If accepted into the REU program, applicants will be required to provide an official copy before starting the program.
- Two letters of recommendation. These can be from faculty advisors from the student’s home institution, mentors, or previous employers. Recommendations that are able to comment on the applicant’s academic ability are preferred. Please have your respondents email your letters of recommendation to email@example.com WITH the subject line of “2019 REU Recommendation for YOUR NAME.”
- A two-page essay addressing the development of the student’s interest in ecology, the specific areas of research interest, and current professional career goals. Essays can be single or double-spaced but should be in a legible font (min. 11 point) with 1 inch margins.
- Art REUs will also need to provide a portfolio with examples of their artwork. This should be a powerpoint presentation or a pdf and needs to be uploaded to the application.
The application form, resume, unofficial transcript, two-page essay, and letters of recommendation should be received by 9pm MST February 15, 2019. The application will be closed at 9pm MST on February 15th.
Questions regarding the application procedure can be directed to the Program Manager, Stephanie Baker by e-mail. Please put REU 2019 in the subject line.
Biology applicants: CLICK HERE
Art applicants: CLICK HERE